Royal Challengers Bangalore opted for Faf du Plessis as captain for the IPL 2022 season, ending weeks of speculation over Virat Kohli’s replacement at the club. It is the first time team RCB has entrusted him with leadership responsibilities.
The former South African captain, du Plessis, became a frontrunner after the club outbid his old side, Chennai Super Kings, and Delhi Capitals to recruit him for INR 7 crores last month. Apart from the Chennai Super Kings, du Plessis has also played for Rising Pune Supergiant in 2016 and 2017. Virat Kohli says, “I couldn’t be happier to pass on the baton to a good friend, someone I’ve known over the years.”
Du Plessis is no longer a South African national team member and has no international obligations. Therefore, even though several other South African players are expected to miss the early portions of the season owing to their home series against Bangladesh, he will be available for the entire season. The Royal Challengers Bangalore seek to improve their two consecutive playoff berths as they prepare for the next season. But, first, they must win the IPL title.
Fans are always on the top-notch with RCB if they lose or win. They do not stop supporting the team in the stadium or social media and making memes. RCB loves their fans, and fans love their RCB. So they strive hard every year. But what makes it lose?
- RCB’s management is the primary cause of its lack of success. The management has done very poorly in all 12 seasons, so a squad composed of T20 players from across the world is one of the tournament’s underperforming teams.
- Inability to motivate. Most players in the RCB camp were terrified of the ex-captain and were hesitant to speak up. He didn’t want to express their feelings in terms of discipline. He is unaware that athletes perform best when they can express themselves and are permitted to make errors. Kohli demands perfection from everyone.
- Players such as Chris Gayle, KL Rahul, Robin Uthappa, Quinton de Kock, and others were formerly team members but were removed either after a disappointing run or because they did not play enough games. After several terrible seasons, Chris Gayle was dismissed. He regained his shape. Sarfaraz Khan was chosen ahead of KL Rahul. Sarfraz was also released in the following season. Releasing such huge players is a bad idea, and it presents a few difficulties for the club, one of which we’ll discuss next.
- So, the leading cause for RCB’s league struggles is terrible decision-making, a complete disaster by their management. They must begin at the auction table, plan well, and select players based on their skills. Then they must handle them appropriately and support them when they are in a terrible phase.
- RCB has all the ingredients to be a champion team. Fans of the Royal Challengers Bangalore hope that the Virat Kohli-led team can live up to their billing and deliver exciting, on-field action that results in concrete success.
Fantasy cricket, a game where you can create your team by choosing players from the teams playing live, has grown extremely popular. People who love fantasy cricket enjoy RCB matches as they have some exceptional players and the matches are usually intense. While they adore Virat Kohli, his performance does not give them much hope. Despite the fans’ dedicated support and brilliant players, the team has not been able to make its mark in the Indian Premier League.